Beat the Heat
Summer is here and with all the fun that comes with the sun and surf, there is one major drawback. The humidity, of course. It can ruin a good hair day.
Here are some simple tips to beat the summer heat…. And still look hot!
Put it in a bun!
We’ve all worn them, but today’s buns are sexy, messy and spunky. Here are a few to help with the summer-time frizzies.
Braid it by inversing the traditional French braid:
- Part your hair on the side
- Section off one inch on the side, along with more hair
- French braid all the way down
- Gather the rest of your hair and put it in a low, messy bun
- Bring hair into a high pony tail
- Use styling cream or gel to keep it clean looking around your face
- Wrap hair in a bun and don’t worry if it’s not perfect
- Gather your hair at the nape of your neck, and wrap in elastic band
- Pull it into a low bun by looping through the band
- Grab pieces of hair to give your locks a messy, carefree look
Need convincing that a ponytail can still be chic? Check out Blake Lively for inspiration, and try one of these great looks!
- Section your pony tail with elastic bands to give it a little flair and fun
- Use elastic bands throughout your ponytail, setting them about an inch apart
- Put hair in a pony, then drag your elastic band down about 1-2 inches
- Using your fingers, put a hole in the middle of your ponytail (above your elastic band), then bring your pony tail up and through the hole.